BEFORE THE COMPETITION
1. Do you accept independent entries?
No, Breakout does not accept independent entries.
2. How can I find out when my child is scheduled to perform?
The exact competition schedule is sent to studio directors one week prior to the start date of the competition. We cannot release schedule information to parents. Please contact your studio director for this information.
3. When do I need to arrive at the competition with my dancer?
You should contact your studio director to find out when he/she wants you to arrive at the competition. Because we typically run early, we ask that dancers are ready to perform at least 1 hour prior to their scheduled performance time.
4. Is it there a fee to watch the competition?
No, all Breakout Competitions are open to the public.
5. How do I enter my child for photogenic?
We accept photogenic entries at our Merchandise Booth up until noon on Saturday. Our photogenic awards are given during the last group awards.
6. What is the exact location of the competition?
If you click on our Tour Dates tab you will see a list of our competitions, click the one you are attending and the address will be listed.
DURING THE COMPETITION
1. I see an issue with my child’s entry, what do I do?
Please address this with your studio director. Breakout will only accept changes from the studio director.
2. Can I videotape or take photos of my child’s dance?
No, it is our policy at Breakout that there is NO photography or videography during any of the performances – this includes cell phones, iPads, cameras or any other recording device. You may take photos and videos during our award ceremonies. Breaking this rule is grounds for disqualification. All competitors will receive FREE photos and videos of their performances, after the event.
3. What’s the scoring range for adjudications?
Platinum Plus 291-300
High Gold 267-278.9
4. Are overalls given in each level?
Yes, Breakout awards overall high scores in all 3 of our levels. The top 3, top 5 and top 10 will be awarded based on the number of entries per age, size and division.